Monday, February 2, 2009

Advice from Abroad.

Welcome to outsideColby! 
As I was getting ready to study abroad, I realized that talking to people who have already studied abroad was what prepared me most, got me most excited, and helped me out most when I got nervous before leaving. I thought that there should be a place where all of that wisdom that studying abroad surely brings (I've only been here a few hours--I'll let you know when the wisdom starts showing up.) can be stored and shared for people who are planning thier own semesters abroad. 

Let me know if you want to contribute--I can add you as an author--or just put advice in the comments from this post. You can post these tips/advice about anything aspect of studying abroad/preparing to study abroad that you think you would have liked to know before you left.  


For example: 

Packing is the first big challenge in studying abroad. As you're trying to enjoy your last few days
at home, the large task of deciding what you need for the next few months may be just as daunting--and more immediate--than worries about adjusting to a new country, new classes, new people, and a new language. 

Packing advice will depend on where you're going, but: make sure you keep a change of clothes, toothbrush, cell phone charger, all that good stuff in your carry-on. If you're luggage goes on an adventure without you, you'll be glad you did. 

Emma
SFS, Baja California Sur, Mexico 

No comments:

Post a Comment